Friday, November 14, 2014

Week Five!

So, i have realized that I suffer from? Maybe short-term memory loss? Because none of my information is sticking with me as much as I would like it to. I will frankly remember how to sign a word, but I won't get it exactly right. It's really frustrating me and wearing me down. Maybe this is normal and I am just a perfectionist, but it is upsetting to me. As a result I have decided not to try and learn the language in its entirety, but instead try to focus and learn some sentences that could be built on in my future. For example after my encounter at Arby's ( by the way that woman comes in almost every week) I have tried to learn how to sign "I am learning ASL". Here is how I managed.
You first sign "I". Not the letter but with your first finger pointed at your chest.
Then sign "Am" which is simply the letter A followed by the letter M
To sign 'Learning" you put a hand in front of you and act as if you are grabbing something out of your palm with your other hand and putting it to your forehead.
Next simply sign the letters for A, S, and L

No comments:

Post a Comment