Friday, November 14, 2014
Week 8: I'm becoming slightly more confident.
In my project that is, I'm actually terrified to sign to anyone else. It's like a stage fright thing, I get really nervous whenever I have to sign in front of somebody because I'm afrad I'll mess up. With the project however I am beginning to realize that it doesn't matter how much I try to memorize something, if I don't understand it. In order to really succeed at learning a little bit of the language you have to know that you will mess up, just like you will when learning anything different and new to you. With this project, I am tryijng to learn sign language, but I also just enjoy learning about the culture of the people who are involved in this community. It's like they live in their own little world because no one can understand what they are saying except for those who know the language. I don't know why, but that is really cool to me. It also got me thinking about how some people who don't have english as their native language think and feel when they hear english speakers talk. It must sound so foreign and alien to them. Anyways, I am happy with the progress I have made this far. With the words and sentences I have now, I think I'm going to try and memorize them to share with the class in December. Until next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment