Friday, September 12, 2014
Week 1: New Beginnings !
When I was in third grade I joined sign language club at my school. Almost immediately I realized that I was sort of taken by sign language. All I can remember is that we learned very simple things, nothing that has stuck with me throughout the years. As time when on I began to think it was so interesting that people could actually effectively communicate without orally voicing words, and just using their body to speak. It amazed me. Of course after 3rd grade I stopped participating in trying to learn but I always wished that I could be fluent in the language because it still interests me. That's why I chose sign language as my 20% time. This week I did some basic research just to find a little bit out about the origin of the language. The most interesting fact to me is that no one single person created it. Actually numerous people did by combining and teaching different words to whomever wished to learn them. Another important fact to consider is that there are numerous different versions as well. I will be focusing primarily on American Sign Language to start out with. I am looking forward to see what I can accomplish with this journey. More updates coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment